1. Banksy’s pieces usually hold a meaning about politics and controversy which is always open to debate by his fans and the media.
2. The Bristol museum Banksy exhibition held in June 2009 was a great insight into Banksy and the issues and debates he feels strongly about.
3. Banksy has shown how graffiti/ street art has moved on over the years and more and more people see graffiti as art
4. He recently created a piece in Cheltenham spa, which has since been defaced but here it is in it’s former glory!
5. I feel Banksy’s influence has made it easier for street artists to create art. More events, venues, cities and towns now have legalised areas to spray such as under passes, skate parks, legal walls, paint jams and festivals.