1. If you like talking Twitter is perfect. The whole point of twitter is not to be corporate and talk to customers on a level they would appreciate! As soon as you get into the habit of starting a conversation and asking questions with potential leads it will payoff.
2. Facebook works differently. Most users scan their feed quickly so any advertisement has to be eye catching and worth a look! Photos, infographics, videos, pictures any multimedia works best on Facebook to draw attention to your brand!
3. Pinterest is gaining vast amounts of users everyday. The key to Pinterest is commitment keep finding images for your boards and build up a profile. This will take time and effort but worth it in the long run! In business this works best for creative products, such as fashion, jewellery, art, furniture making and baking.
4. Write a blog! Blogging is needed in every business, company or organisation. A blog will help to sell your service or product. Customers love finding information out about products and services without having to ask! This is also great for SEO and building a fan base who will share your interesting content.
5. Eventually Social media for business will be a 24/7 gig. If you are consistent on your social media results will show. Choose a social media platform that fits for you.The key to social media is time and consistency.
6. The most positive thing about social media for business is most cities or towns have a social media community you can get involved in! You just have to find it!